[rt-users] Turning arbitary text strings into HREF links

Justin Hawkins justin at internode.com.au
Wed Sep 19 02:00:23 EDT 2001

Hi,

I've been playing with RT for a while, it looks as if it's going to do
what I need, with some modifications. I'm no perl slouch, but I haven't
touched Mason et al before. So I'm looking for a few pointers.

We have an existing user management system, which can be linked to. For
instance, if a customer ID is 12345T, then I could visit:

http://usermanager.xxx.com/user/12345T

to see their details. So, if such a string appears in a ticket (likely in
an email, hopefully they are quoting it when writing), I would like it to
simply appear as a link to the other system.

Is there a single place where I can modify the output to do this before it
hits the browser (well without bringing in a new apache module :-)?

Thanks,

	Justin

--
Justin Hawkins