[rt-users] Automatic owner allocation

Matt Disney mdisney at ecdev.fedex.com
Thu Sep 20 12:34:41 EDT 2001

Couldn't you do this with enhanced-mailgate right now?

Here's what I'm guessing you would have to do (this is convoluted, though...
maybe there's a better way???):

1. Create a userX at support email alias to userX at normaldomain.
2. Install procmail and PGP.
3. Have a procmail recipe for userX to filter all mails addressed to
   userX at support. The procmail recipe would:
   A. Use formail to grab/modify relevant information from the email;
   B. Additionally modify the email with a script to build the
      enhanced-mailgate headers, including owner assignment;
   C. Sign the modified and enhanced-mailgate-ready message with
      the userX's PGP signature (I'll avoid the obvious security
      implication of having a process that automatically signs
      messages using PGP; that discussion would be tangent. BUT
      I don't think I would do it personally unless I really, really
      wanted this functionality.); and
   D. Forward the new message on to RT

I haven't done any enhanced-mailgate stuff yet, though. I'm just relatively
familiar with the inspiration of the mailgate: req. Could the above steps do
the trick?

Matt