[rt-users] sessions and external authentication

Paul Rossman pdr at evanston.fluent.com
Thu Sep 20 18:48:28 EDT 2001

Hi again,

I'm still having no luck with the external authentication. At first, I
thought that it may be an issue with Redhat 7.1 rpm installs (perl,
apache, etc). So I un-installed perl 560, apache, and all the apache
module rpms. Next I downloaded and built by hand apache and perl and
mod_perl. All the perl modules are also fresh, tested, seems to be
working.

Here is most of what is installed now:
apache_1.3.20
perl-5.6.1
auth_ldap-1.6.0
mod_perl-1.26
DBD-mysql-2.0902
rt-2-0-7

Everything else is uptodate with cpan. Funny thing - after dumping the
rpm versions, and building these new versions, I still get the same
'cant logout completely, remembers who you are', but in addition I have
now lost the 'logout' link when I'm logged in as root to rt2.

I should add, that 'root' is not listed in our ldap server, so I've
created a web-pass file for simple apache authentication for root only.

I think I'm going to tinker around with the login script and add ldap
hooks to it. I'd still like to get the apache auth working though, and
any help would be great.