[rt-users] ACL changes from 2.06 to 2.07; auto-refresh

Damian Gerow damian at sentex.net
Fri Sep 21 10:21:46 EDT 2001

I did an upgrade last night, from 2.06 to 2.07 (finally), and broke a
couple of things in the process.  Nothing serious -- mostly just the
ability for users to take tickets.

Before the upgrade, I had given the group Support permission to Own Ticket
in the Support queue.  This worked fine.  Now, they need to have Modify
Ticket in order to take it.  Otherwise, they get a Permission Denied
message (and nothing shows up in the logs).  Was this a purposeful change,
or a result of some ACL modifications?

And on a not-so-similar note -- we're not getting the auto-refresh dropdown
menu.  When I did a new installation, to a test directory on a test
database (fresh, no contents), I could see the option when logged in as
root.  As soon as I change to the new database, the menu
disappears.  Anyone know what could be causing that?