[rt-users] Help - MySQL Problems

David C. Troy dave at toad.net
Sat Sep 22 10:51:52 EDT 2001

Derek -- couple of thoughts.

Have you tried mysqladmin --password (I think)?

Also, all of the mysql perms are derived from the 'mysql' database and the
user, db, hosts tables.

What I would do is do a fresh mysql install on another machine and:

1. mv existing /var/lib/mysql/mysql to /var/lib/mysql/mysql.bak
2. copy the virgin /var/lib/mysql/mysql directory to your old install
3. restart mysql (to reset perms)

Give this ia shot...

Dave

David C. Troy   [dave at toad.net]                   410-544-6193 Sales
ToadNet - Want to go fast?                        410-544-1329 FAX
570 Ritchie Highway, Severna Park, MD 21146-2925  www.toad.net