[rt-users] Re: Packaging RT2

Cris Bailiff crisb at zip.com.au
Sun Sep 23 22:21:58 EDT 2001

Dewet,
	Here's my rpm .spec file and Makefile patch I used for packaging rt2
for redhat 6.2.

The Makefile patch allows the rpm to 'configure one location, install to
another' for rt2.

The dependencies are expressed as 'perl-Module-Name' package names, as
thats what I build using the 'makerpm.pl' script from the CPAN scripts
directory. They're not entirely complete, but they are close. You still
might need to rpm --nodepend the rt2 rpm once you're close to having
everything else installed.

The rpm installs in 2 parts - once the rpm is installed, it displays
instructions for making a new/empty database and running the initial
setup - this is done to avoid clobbering an existing rt2 install during
an upgrade, and because the configure scripts need an initial rt2 user
database password.

Cheers,
Cris Bailiff