[rt-users] Segmentation faults - any hints?

Stephan Lauffer lauffer at ph-freiburg.de
Tue Sep 25 12:31:49 EDT 2001

hi!

> And a short first question... noticed some segfaults in
> the error log of apache. So I searched for some hints
> in the mailinglists, but there seems to be no solution
> to fix it (if I searched right).
...I found a hint in frequent.html shipped with mod_perl-1.26:
" Lots of SegFaults and other problems were reported by
users who had turned PerlFreshRestart On. Most of them have
gone away when it was turned off. It doesn't mean that you
shouldn't use it, if it works for you. Just beware of the dragons..."

I turned it off and had no segfault the last minutes... what
about this feature PerlFreshRestart - is it save not to use it?
I dont't know enough about hacking perl with apache... :-/

Liebe Gruesse, with best regards
Stephan Lauffer

[ Pedagogical University Freiburg - Germany ]
[ http://www.ph-freiburg.de/zik/            ]