[rt-users] General installation/layout topics

Jeff Blaine jblaine at mitre.org
Thu Sep 27 16:11:06 EDT 2001

Could someone elaborate on the pieces of RT and which of them have
configurable locations/homes?

I am trying to plan.  I need to know what areas have to be writeable,
what "modules" write to that area, etc.

So far, I see:

  Database data

  Web frontend static data (CGI script(s)... ???)

  Web frontend dynamic data (any?  what is it?  if it exists, what
  needs to write here?)

  RT Software application (static binaries and a 99% static config file)

  httpd+mod_perl

  Perl + N-thousand modules and their N-thousand dependencies, some of
  which appear to work fine with Perl 5.6.1 and some of which appear
  not to at all, which means that "Perl 5.005 or higher" is misleading.
  Oops I got off track.  I'm not bitter about the time I wasted on
  this part, honest :)

Please fill in the question marks above and also comment on any I
have forgotten.  It would be most appreciated.