[rt-users] General installation/layout topics

Jay Kramer jay at mojomole.com
Thu Sep 27 22:14:26 EDT 2001

>   Perl + N-thousand modules and their N-thousand dependencies, some of
>   which appear to work fine with Perl 5.6.1 and some of which appear
>   not to at all, which means that "Perl 5.005 or higher" is misleading.
>   Oops I got off track.  I'm not bitter about the time I wasted on
>   this part, honest :)

    I have 5.6.1 running on my site with RT and all dependencies..  Make
sure you don't have BOTH 5.005 and 5.6.1 installed as this causes somewhat
of a problem (have yet to figure it out, and this problem is with CPAN I
believe...)  And, make sure you recompile mod_perl to the version of perl
that you are using... ie, don't use a mod_perl built for 5.005 with perl
5.6.1...

Jay