[rt-users] Cannot use RT's web interface

Jay Kramer jay at mojomole.com
Fri Sep 28 14:33:54 EDT 2001

> >> If they aren't there add them. After you add them you must stop and
start
> >> Apache.
>
> JK>     How clear is it in the docs that anytime an RT system has changed
> JK> whatsoever, that apache must be get a STOP and then a START, and not
just a

> The installation docs from rt 2.0.7 read step 8:
>
> 8   Stop and start your webserver, so it picks up your configuration
changes.

    Thats what I was wondering, if I were to read that being a sys admin, I
would translate to "./apache restart"  ;)  Maybe instead it could read:

8   Stop and start your webserver, so it picks up your configuration
changes.  If you are running Apache, please do NOT use a RESTART command.
Restarting does not reload the mod_perl handler and all code loaded, so any
changes will NOT go into effect.  Please issue a STOP and then a separate
START command.