[rt-users] sperl vs. suidperl

hsinclai at speakeasy.net hsinclai at speakeasy.net
Sat Sep 29 16:17:26 EDT 2001

Hi,

On Sat, 29 Sep 2001 22:00:46 +0200, "Vincent - D. Ertner" <vincent at eec.de> wrote:

> I have under /usr/bin two files
>    sperl5.6.0 and
>    suidperl
> both same in size and date - and they're not symlinked.
They are identical, and can be attributed to the superlative German engineering brought to us by SuSE!!
> Which s*perl is used?
To leave them is no harm, and saves you the trouble of searching it out :)
An interesting question. I just noticed that the last access time for both of mine is identical.

> And another one: yast (SuSE 7.1) is always killing the suid
> flag ... any good idea to work around that?
Set-
PERMISSION_SECURITY="easy local"
in your /etc/rc.config and this should do it; I believe this is the cause.
If this breaks other permissions you need then you are looking at creating a custom solution. But that shouldn't be too hard, after all the /etc/permissions file looks pretty editable.

Regards, Harold