[rt-users] Evil slow RT loading time

Steve Poirier steve at inet-technologies.com
Sat Sep 29 22:46:54 EDT 2001

Hello,

There are some tips in the archive on how to optimize your db. We have over
20,000 tickets and load time is about 1 second with PIII-1000. Wait time was
about 4 seconds before optimization tips i saw on this list (primary
indexes). Also, we delete dead tickets, and backup and delete resolved
tickets older than 2 months, but they are still available on another system
just in case (very special case) someone would like to re-open a old ticket
instead of reopening a new one, two months after. This really help the
performance of our system. You can perform a search on fsck mailing lists
with htdig on indexes

Hope that help

Regards.
__
Steve Poirier
Directeur développement / Project Manager
Inet-Technologies inc.