[rt-users] PostgreSQL or MySQL

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Wed Apr 3 21:38:38 EST 2002

PB> I've heard some major problems with PostgreSQL dealing with table
PB> corruption and whatnot. What has been everyone experiences with

Last table corruption I had with postgres was at version 6.5, about 4
years ago.

Last table corruption I had with MySQL was at version 3.22.xx about 4
years ago.

Current versions are stable.

Postgres has the advantage that it handles concurrency better due to
its row-level locking.  I hear recent versions of MySQL offer this
with certain table types, too.

It really boils down to what you know and what you use for your other
apps anyway.  That's why I chose Postgres -- I use it for my primary
application.