[rt-users] RT as a bug-tracking system?

Jon Hart jhart at connecterra.com
Thu Apr 4 14:24:13 EST 2002

Good afternoon,

We've been evaluating the possibility of using RT as a bug-tracking system.
The only thing we see missing is the ability to assign a given req (or in
our case, a "bug") a sub-category within a given queue.  For example, if we
had a queue specifically setup to handle bugs with ProductA, it would be
cool if we could assign this bug a subcategory (useability, stability, UI,
etc).

I checked the archives and the docs provided with RT, but nothing caught my
eye.  So, my question is, has anyone attempted such a feat with RT before?
Given a good stretch of time, I'm sure I could get this basic functionality
into RT, but didn't want to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks in advance,

-jon

P.S., yes, we are looking at other bug-tracking specific tools such as
Bugzill and gnats, but we were curious if we could extend our current RT
install to handle bug tracking as well.