[rt-users] 2.0.13 and The Infamous Stats Package

Karel P Kerezman greyduck at greyduck.net
Thu Apr 4 17:10:15 EST 2002

Today I did the 2.0.13 upgrade (yes, I waited a few days, it's been kind
of crazy around here for the last couple of weeks). The upgrade was the
smoothest I've done yet, and RT2 seems to be performing great with the
new version.

On a whim I went after the Statistics package installation. Not too
shabby, really. You may need to make sure that when you install the GD
perl module that you have a /usr/lib/freetype.so symlink, since without
it the compile complained of not being able to find the freetype
library. Go figure.

I, too, had to make the './chart?...' modifications to the html files in
the stats package, but once that was done (and Apache properly cycled) I
got all the eyecandy I could generate.

One thing that the Stats package could use is links... back to main RT,
and back to its own index page. (Having to Back Back Back or hand-edit
the current URL in the browser is a wee bit cumbersome.)

All in all, this was a good day to upgrade. ;) (I did my NetJuke upgrade
as well, just for kicks.)

--
Karel P Kerezman, IS Admin Entercom Portland
http://greyduck.net