[rt-users] Forking a new ticket from a correspondance

bill at daze.net bill at daze.net
Fri Apr 5 13:24:54 EST 2002

> - Is it possible to fork a new ticket from a correspondance. Sometimes, a
> requestor will use a previous message (or ticket-stub) to submit a new
> request. It would then be desirable to fork a new ticket from this
> crrespondance instead of adding it to the previous ticket. Sort of an inverse
> merge.

We've been bitten by this before as well.  We have some people that will
reply to a long resolved (months ago) ticket with all their new issues.

It would be nice if there was a status type "closed" (for lack of a better
example) that would automatically force correspondence referencing the
closed ticket to a brand new ticket and not touch the old one.  Status
like "resolved" would still work as they do now, i.e. reopen the existing
ticket.

Bill