[rt-users] RT and Mail Gateway...help

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Sat Apr 6 01:50:16 EST 2002

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, maniezhilan wrote:

> I have installed and configured RT in my system on RH 7.2. It is working
> fine.
> But for Mail Gateway Configuration , Iam Running my Sendmail Server in
> another system. In this case, how to configure my RT system for Mail
> Gateway?..

Easiest and currently safest solution at the moment is to use the
sendmailpipe delivery method, and ensure that /etc/sendmail.cf has a
SmartHost (of your mail server) defined.  Don't forget to cron something
on your RT server every 15 minutes to flush the mail queue.  (sendmail -q)

> Second thing ..Can anyone help me out in explaining the Full
> Functionality
> of RT.

The standard reply for such generalised questions is 'Use the Force', in
this instance being RT/FM, at http://www.fsck.com/rtfm/

If the documentation there doesn't help, ask specific questions here as
appropriate (which should eventually get added back into RT/FM, like the
first one will be when I get back to the office)

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations