[rt-users] Bounce loops caused by autoresponders.

Florian Weimer Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
Mon Apr 8 12:50:40 EDT 2002

"Scott A. McIntyre" <scott at xs4all.nl> writes:

> What happened was an external address user at foo.com emailed a queue that
> allows meta-group Everyone to create/reply to tickets.  Our OnCreate
> Scrip sent back a "thank you for your submission" to that user.

We are considering to use the "Comment" address for external users
only (and do not set Reply-To: on outgoing RT messages).  The "Reply"
address will be reserved for our personnel.  (So it's quite the
opposite of what people usually do.)

Such a setup makes much more sense to me anyway, and quite a lot of
problems go away, including trouble with autoresponders.

Has anybody tried this reversed setup?  Is there something I'm
missing, or is it really much better in every regard? ;-)

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/