[rt-users] Aliasing question

Greg Smythe gregs at Intellstat.com
Mon Apr 8 15:37:29 EDT 2002

What are you going to use for your "--action correspond" command if you're
going to alias the -comment account to the "--action comment" command?

(Rhetorical question) :)

You should keep them separate, unless you're doing some other funky odd
stuff...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Greg Smythe
SysAdmin
Intellstat Communications
WA State Resident

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Lutner [mailto:sean at techtarget.com]
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 11:47 AM
To: rt-users at lists.fsck.com
Subject: [rt-users] Aliasing question

I'm currently setting up the queues I will use within RT. I have three
queues. My question is in regards to mail aliases.

If I have a queue called support at mydomain.com, is it ok to alias
support-comment at mydomain.com to the support address. I'm using postfix
1.1.5 and the alias would look like this in the virtual file

support-comment at mydomain.com	support

The aliases file will still contain the line

support-comment: "|/path/to/rt/bin/rt-mailgate --queue support --action
comment"

Can I do this, or do I need to create a seperate account for all the
-comment addresses?

Thanks
Sean

--
Sean Lutner
Senior Systems & Network Administrator

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein