[rt-users] Debian RT Package (Was: notify owners on assignment)

Smylers smylers at gbdirect.co.uk
Fri Apr 12 03:55:46 EDT 2002

Yesterday Jesse Vincent wrote:

> The debian package of RT 2 has been around since mid-march. I would
> strongly discourage everyone from using it in its current state. It
> puts things in the wrong places, still contains the security hole
> fixed in 2.0.12, has the wrong copyright information on it and doesn't
> actually automate the bits you really want automated.

Ta for the warning.

Since I've now got 'RT' working fine as it is, we'll probably leave it
like this for the foreseeable future anyway.  Our sysadmin prefers to
keep the contents of /opt/ and /usr/local/ to a minimum, but there's no
point in changing things if it's going to make them worse.

> I'm working with the existing maintainer to get The Right Thing to
> happen, which will most likely involve me taking over the package and
> redoing it from scratch.

Oh dear.  Good luck!

Smylers
--