[rt-users] Linking to external systems

Justin Hawkins justin at internode.com.au
Fri Apr 12 05:33:32 EDT 2002

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Smylers wrote:

> For details see perldoc HTML::Mason::Devel and search for "Escaping
> expressions".

This isn't going to help me.

Even things like the "<a href" are being escaped at some point, turning
into something like "<a href" etc. Obviously this stops it from working
as a link :-)

To be more precise, I've added a method to Watcher.pm called 'Ext' which
fetches the ExternalContactInfoId from the OwnerObj, and creates an A HREF
string URL of it.

Then in the Emails method in Watchers.pm, I modified the method such:

    while (my $watcher=$self->Next()) {
        push(@list, $watcher->Email . " (" .  $watcher->Ext . ")");
    }

This has the right effect, except the string is escaped at some point that
I can't yet determine, and isn't a link anymore by the time it gets to the
client.

	- Justin

--
Justin Hawkins
Internode Professional Access

We have only two things to worry about:  That things will never get
back to normal, and that they already have.