[rt-users] RT to go? Dependency graphs?

Marc Hedlund marc at precipice.org
Mon Apr 15 16:42:33 EDT 2002

On 15 Apr 2002, Johan Ihren wrote:
>    So what I would like to do is run RT on top of a replicated MySQL
>    db with slave replicas in our laptops.
[...]
>    Is this idea a strong indication of someone either finally going
>    bonkers or at least trying to fit a square nail into a triangular
>    hole?

Yes, to both questions.  That's craaazy.  Or at least way too much work
for the reward.

How about ssh tunnelling to the RT host and making updates that way; and
putting together a comma-separated table extractor to let people with no
net connection at all view their current work in excel or the like?  You
get all the read-only + remote benefits in this scheme, for much less
work.

If you really want what you're asking for, I'd recommend looking at
disconnected rowsets in Java or C# as a way of getting a database extract,
mucking around with it on a disconnected client, and updating the source
database when connectivity is restored.  Still a lot of work, but more
likely to perform than complete replication.

Marc Hedlund
e: marc at precipice dot org