[rt-users] RT to go? Dependency graphs?

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Tue Apr 16 00:52:58 EDT 2002

To be honest, this sounds like a job for a system implemented on
Commence or another database designed for disconnected operations.  I
haven't seen any general-purpose SQL DBMSes which do even half as well
at disconnected ops; they're designed for systems which are always
connected, and the big deal is synchronizing operations over an
always-connected but relatively slow WAN.  (Contrariwise, none of the
systems designed for disconnected operations are especially general, and
applications developed on top of them must be designed differently ---
the database engines are *that* different.)

 brandon s allbery [openafs/solaris/japh/freebsd] allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
 system administrator [linux/heimdal/too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu
 electrical and computer engineering                              KF8NH
 carnegie mellon university  [better check the oblivious first -ke6sls]