[rt-users] RT to go? Dependency graphs?

Patrik Wallstrom pawal at blipp.com
Tue Apr 16 02:58:24 EDT 2002

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Johan Ihren wrote:

> > >    So what I would like to do is run RT on top of a replicated MySQL
> > >    db with slave replicas in our laptops.
> > [...]
> > >    Is this idea a strong indication of someone either finally going
> > >    bonkers or at least trying to fit a square nail into a triangular
> > >    hole?
> >
> > Yes, to both questions.  That's craaazy.  Or at least way too much work
> > for the reward.
>
> Thank you, sir. I will not deny that you are most probably right here ;-)
>
> I *realise* this, and I want to make that clear. Also, I am not
> experienced with real databases. So I have to ask: way too much work
> to *whom*? To me to make it work? To the master db keeping update
> logs? To the client (my laptop) trying to stay in sync?

A simple solution would be to mysqldump the database on the server,
and rsync the data over to your laptop, and then make an import on your
local setup.

I do that to mboxes to always have a local copy of my mail, if net
access wouldn't allow me to read it.

--
patrik_wallstrom->foodfight->pawal at blipp.com->+46-709580442