[rt-users] RT to go? Dependency graphs?

Patrick De Muynck patrick at dreamtech.gr
Wed Apr 17 05:33:49 EDT 2002

Good to hear replicated MySQL servers are being used already.

To return to Johan Ihren's initial question: consider
that we want to deploy an RT slave-server which is used
strictly in read-only mode (searching and viewing tickets).

Would it be possible to run a read-only
RT slave-server as follows?
-> halt RT on the master server
-> install MySQL on the slave server and
   configure 1-way replication of the
   rt database from the master to the
   slave server
-> install RT on the slave server,
   and subsequently modify the DB_RT_USER
   user in MySQL so that he only has
   read-access to the RT tables
-> re(start) RT on the master server
   and on the slave server

This surely won't win a prize for
elegance, but will it work at all?
The idea of DB_RT_USER only having
read-access to MySQL tables would
enforce data-integrity (all updates
are forced to happen on the master
server).  The question is if
the RT on the slave server will work
at all? (assuming users there only search
and view tickets).

Thanks,

Patrick