[rt-users] RT to go? Dependency graphs?

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Wed Apr 17 07:04:35 EDT 2002

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Patrick De Muynck wrote:

> [...]

Ok, what I've done to test this out is:

	Set up mysql replication of the rt database
	(already done, long time ago ;) )

	Allowed rt_user to SELECT and modify the rt database on the master.

	Allowed rt_user to SELECT only on the slave.

	Copied config.pm, rt and rt-q to a temp directory.

	Edited tmp/config.pm to point to the slave database host

	Edited tmp/rt and tmp/rt-q to point to tmp/config.pm

So, I now have custom versions of the rt and rt-q scripts (rt-q is my
in-house reqq-like script) which will use the slave database server in
read-only mode.

tmp/rt-q works as expected (its only doing selects after-all)

tmp/rt displaying tickets works as expected.

Trying to add a comment to a test ticket on the slave database fails
silently (ugh).

> This surely won't win a prize for
> elegance, but will it work at all?

Yes.

> The idea of DB_RT_USER only having
> read-access to MySQL tables would
> enforce data-integrity (all updates
> are forced to happen on the master
> server).  The question is if
> the RT on the slave server will work
> at all? (assuming users there only search
> and view tickets).

Yes.

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations