[rt-users] external user authentication (i.e. LDAP)

Christian Gilmore cgilmore at tivoli.com
Wed Apr 17 12:25:50 EDT 2002

Kendric,

You want to use LookupExternalUserInfo in combination with WebExternalAuth
and will need to set up your web server to authenticate users against your
external LDAP via such modules as Apache::AuthenLDAP.

Under such a setup, there are three ways users are created in RT:

1) via e-mail ticket submission
2) via manual addition via the configuration tools (GUI or command-line)
3) via the contributed code to synchronize RT with an external LDAP
   (found under http://www.fsck.com/pub/rt/contrib/2.0/)

Regards,
Christian

Christian Gilmore