[rt-users] external user authentication (i.e. LDAP)

Edstrom Johan johan.edstrom at sca.com
Wed Apr 17 14:44:16 EDT 2002

> Kendric,
>
> You want to use LookupExternalUserInfo in combination with WebExternalAuth
> and will need to set up your web server to authenticate users against your
> external LDAP via such modules as Apache::AuthenLDAP.
>
> Under such a setup, there are three ways users are created in RT:
>
> 1) via e-mail ticket submission
> 2) via manual addition via the configuration tools (GUI or command-line)
> 3) via the contributed code to synchronize RT with an external LDAP
>    (found under http://www.fsck.com/pub/rt/contrib/2.0/)

There is another contrib up there as well that will synch existing users (I
run it from crontab)
- It's not hooked into the LookupExternalUserInfo in any way - but does
get things like address info and Telno into the RT2 DB, which is nice to
have displayed on the
tickets...

I also put up a "Quick Ticket" our helpdesk uses - where you first search
for a email-address/username
and get that inserted as the requestor...

/JE