[rt-users] Permission/Group Strangeness after switching to External Authentication

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Fri Apr 19 06:17:46 EDT 2002

Hello all,
after switching to external authentication for users sending mail and
WebExternalAuth for the web interface, I am faced with the following problems:

a) ticket creation via email fails. Users get no feedback, no ticket is created.

b) ticket display is limited to requestor, subject, dates and transaction
types. transaction contents (i.e. the text of a reply or comment) remain unseen.

c) I cannot find users using the Users page anymore. The users are still in
the mysql database, though

d) group management is limited to deleting members. I can still add users to
groups using the CLI, though.

e) user rights management is limited. I cannot select users here as well, so
granting users rights is not possible (except using the CLI, haven't tested).

My guess is that I screwed up internal user representation, since I activated
WebExternalauth, deactivated it because it didn't work at once, and
reactivated it after fixing my apache setup.

The system is RH 7.1, apache 1.3.22, mod_perl 1.2.26, mod_auth_ldap 2.4, perl
5.6.1, rt 2-0-12

The relevant rights are granted as follows:

[root at rt bin]# ./rtadmin --queue EDV --list-rights
Queue edv: User root has right AdminKeywordSelects
Queue edv: User root has right AdminQueue
Queue edv: User root has right CommentOnTicket
Queue edv: User root has right CreateTicket
Queue edv: User root has right DeleteTicket
Queue edv: User root has right ModifyACL
Queue edv: User root has right ModifyQueueWatchers
Queue edv: User root has right ModifyScrips
Queue edv: User root has right ModifyTemplate
Queue edv: User root has right ModifyTicket
Queue edv: User root has right OwnTicket
Queue edv: User root has right ReplyToTicket
Queue edv: User root has right SeeQueue
Queue edv: User root has right ShowACL
Queue edv: User root has right ShowScrips
Queue edv: User root has right ShowTemplate
Queue edv: User root has right ShowTicket
Queue edv: User root has right ShowTicketComments
Queue edv: Group Everyone has right CreateTicket
[root at rt bin]# ./rtadmin --system --list-rights
In AdminSystem
System: User RT_System has right SuperUser
System: Group Everyone has right CreateTicket
System: Group Everyone has right SeeQueue
System: User Nobody has right SuperUser
System: Group Owner has right Watch
System: User root has right SuperUser
System: Group Requestor has right ReplyToTicket
System: Group Requestor has right ShowTicket
System: Group Requestor has right SeeQueue
System: User hwagener has right SuperUser
System: Group EDV has right AdminKeywords
System: Group EDV has right AdminKeywordSelects
System: Group EDV has right ModifyACL
System: Group EDV has right AdminQueue
System: Group EDV has right CommentOnTicket
System: Group EDV has right CreateTicket
System: Group EDV has right DeleteTicket
System: Group EDV has right ModifyScrips
System: Group EDV has right ModifySelf
System: Group EDV has right ModifyTicket
System: Group EDV has right OwnTicket
System: Group EDV has right ReplyToTicket
System: Group EDV has right SeeQueue
System: Group EDV has right ShowScrips
System: Group EDV has right ShowTicket
System: Group EDV has right ShowTicketComments
System: Group EDV has right Watch
System: Group EDV has right WatchAsAdminCc
System: User gast has right SeeQueue
System: User gast has right ShowTicket

any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,