[rt-users] Automated user login creating

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Tue Apr 23 04:46:32 EDT 2002

Ian D wrote:
[snip]

> http://www.stacken.kth.se/~ian/ldap-add-users.text is a URL that works better.
[snip]

Hello Ian,
this script seems to be the last missing brick in building the foundation for
a complete integration of RT into an existing LDAP structure (along with the
formaidable LDAP External User Lookup, the LDAPsync script from SCA and the
Qsearch add on). Unfortunately, I cannot get it to work from scratch, and it
does not come with any dosumentation other than the source.

I changed most of the filter stuff for the LDAP access except for the lines

foreach $entry ($mesg->all_entries){
     $ref = $entry->get_value( 'employeeNumber' );
     if($ref){
         push @users, $entry->get_value('uid');
     }
}

Am I right in assuming that empoyeeNumber is part of Your ldap schema? Is this
Your primary key? If yes, is it safe to change it to our primary key? Does the
script expect any arguments?

Sorry for all these questions,
	Harald

--