[rt-users] User rights not checked when accessing tickets directly via number?

Smylers smylers at gbdirect.co.uk
Tue Apr 23 10:02:43 EDT 2002

me-maillists at billskill.com wrote:

> ... a user with no rights on a certain queue can access the tickets in
> that queue if he access them directly by number.
>
> Can anyone else confirm this behaviour or is it just me that has
> managed to screw up my config?

I've just asked a colleague to try ticket 164 on our system, which is in
my personal todo list queue (for which, unsurprisingly, only I have
rights), and he got a permission denied error message.

> Some background:  <Snip>
>
> Is the assumtion that this ought to work correct or should I have two
> separate installations to handle it?

What you're aiming for certainly is possible, and from your description
I didn't spot on obvious howler.

If you can't track it down, do you want to post exactly which global and
which per-queue privileges have been allocated to which groups?

Smylers
--
GBdirect
http://www.gbdirect.co.uk/