[rt-users] ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs and IsRTAddress()

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Tue Apr 23 10:17:12 EDT 2002

PH> What I'm wondering is... is the big warning about not updating
PH> IsRTAddress really still relevant? Surely if you send a message
PH> to RT CC'ed to another RT address, any correspondence back out
PH> from RT will have the X-RT-Loop-Prevention header in place, in
PH> which case RT::Email::CheckForLoops() should squelch any reply
PH> bombs?

No, if you miss just a *single* address that ends up back at RT in
that routine, you *will* cause a massive bounce-o-rama resulting in
some poor customer having 1500 or so auto-responses in their mailbox,
and your RT ticket with the same number of correspondences attached to
it.  This will happen until you notice it and shut down your mail
server until you can clean it all up.

Been there.  Wasn't pretty.

Speaking of which, how does one go about cleaning out that massive
looped correspondence from RT's database?