[rt-users] ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs and IsRTAddress()

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Wed Apr 24 10:09:50 EDT 2002

>> Been there.  Wasn't pretty.

PH> What version of RT was that? How did you trigger it?

Don't recall, but my ticket numbers were in the 300 range, and they're
now in the 4000 range so it was a good long while ago.  Some 1500 of
those ticket numbers were from accidentally forwarding postmaster@
mail into my abuse@ queue, and then filling up a spool disk...

PH> There were some bugs in the loop detection fixed around 20 Sep 2001
PH> (RT 2.0.8); could you have been bitten before then?

Must have been 2.0.7, since that's the prior version sitting on my
disk.

>> Speaking of which, how does one go about cleaning out that massive
>> looped correspondence from RT's database?

PH> http://www.fsck.com/pub/rt/contrib/2.0/rt-addons/Censorware/ maybe?

Is that something I can use after the fact to purge the repeated
messages from the ticket?  It doesn't seem to be...

Thanks for your response.