[rt-users] keywords or external database??

Jesse Peterson jesse at lecstar.com
Wed Apr 24 17:55:29 EDT 2002

I want to be able to easily attach Customer Information (name, acct number)
to tickets - so it needs to be a drop down menu/list box when I'm done. I
toyed with trying to figure out a workable way to update/add/remove(disable)
keywords on a schedule and write some export routines from the current
database... however I saw a guy ask this same question and the reply was the
he should hijack another field - maybe RefersTo, and use custom URIs to do
the magic.
The problem I'm having is that I haven't been able to find info or examples
of how I would do this. I don't mind pushing a table down to RTs db server
from my MSSQL server where the Customer database exists.
Can anyone show me what I've missed? or point me to something that would be
helpful for this situation? thank you.

jesse