[rt-users] keywords or external database??

Smylers smylers at gbdirect.co.uk
Fri Apr 26 10:48:11 EDT 2002

On Wednesday Jesse Peterson wrote:

> I want to be able to easily attach Customer Information (name, acct
> number) to tickets - so it needs to be a drop down menu/list box when
> I'm done.

Why do you want to add them to a ticket?  Surely that data belongs with
a user, since it's the name of a user, the account number of a user,
etc.

Real name is already supported.  The ExternalContactInfoId field could
be used for account numbers.

If you want that information to be available while viewing a ticket, you
can do that.  The comments about a user and that user's other tickets
are already shown in Display.html; it shouldn't be tricky to spit out a
few other fields in the same place.

Smylers
--
GBdirect