[rt-users] Notify to requestor email not working

Paul Southworth pauls at etext.org
Sun Apr 28 19:27:15 EDT 2002

I am using RT 2.0.13, just upgraded from 2.0.11 which had the same
problem I am about to describe.

Incoming mail works, ticket opens, auto-response works, reply from
requestor to auto-response works.  Outbound notifications of resolved
tickets also work.

What doesn't work is any of the Reply type correspondence from RT to
requestor, where the action is set to 'Response to requestors'.  When I
submit that action, RT replies 'correspondence sent' but no mail is
attempted and no error or activity is logged by Apache, RT, or sendmail.
The correspondence is logged in the ticket history as sent, even though it
wasn't.

Similarly, when I set status to 'Resolved' any message text I typed in the
box is not transmitted to the user - the only thing they get is the
'According to our records, your request has been resolved.' message.

My platform is FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE-p2 with sendmail 8.11.6, Apache 1.3.23,
mod_perl 1.26.

My CorrespondAddress and CommentAddress are set appropriately.
MailCommand is sendmailpipe, and '-t' is added to SendmailArguments.

I'm assuming the most likely problem is a perl module version snafu -
which ones are the most likely candidates for this problem?

Any clues would be greatly appreciated.