[rt-users] self-spawning tickets

Robin Lee Powell rlpowell at digitalkingdom.org
Mon Apr 29 15:39:43 EDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 12:27:51PM -0700, Andy Moran wrote:

> Yes!
>
> Originally I had thought: no. It was one of the first things I
> checked. For reach mail alias we have, the message goes into a log as
> well as into RT:
[snip]
> I figured that if the mailserver were trying to deliver it over and
> over again, it would show up multiple times in the
> "software_correspondence.log"..

Nope, seperate deliveries.

Heh.  I may not know RT, but mail I know. 8)

> But looking at the actual mailqueue on the local system, there are
> messages still stuck in there and they look to be related to the
> spawning tickets.
>
> According to the mailq statement:
>
> g3RFKOGM016500   147073 Sat Apr 27 08:20 <[clipped]>
>             (mailer prog died with signal 11)
>              "|/usr/local/rt2.0.13/bin/rt-mailgate
>                 Total requests: 2
>
> So I guess my next question is :  why is the mailgate dying on signal 11
> on messages with attachments?

A possibility is that your attachment size is above your MTA's legal
size.  You should cheque the queue files and make sure the attachment is
still there.

If it's an RT problem, can't help you.

> p.s.  THanks Robin!  I thought I had that covered but apparently not.

NP.

-Robin

--
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ 	BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno