[rt-users] Anyone modify StockAnswers for use in the SelfService page?

Michael Grubb mgrubb at fifthvision.net
Mon Apr 29 17:36:44 EDT 2002

Well, I'm the new maintainer of the StockAnswers project.  I am working on a
release of more or less a complete rewrite.  I know how StockAnswers works,
(and used to work).  Basically you need to follow the same basic instructions
as for the Stock Answers except using Ticket/Create.html.  You'll also need
to add a Name="TicketCreate" to the form element of Create.html,
And in the javascript code the lines with:
"window.opener.document.TicketUpdate
you need to change the TicketUpdate to TicketCreate
and the UpdateContent to Content.
This should get you in the right direction.
Also make sure that your responses don't have CR in them. The current code
does not handle this well.  The new code will handle both CRLF and LF line
endings ok.  Also the new code supports variable substitution.
I will be posting a new release of the code in the next day or so.

Let me know if you need further assistance,

Michael Grubb
System Administrator
R & K, Inc. (000domains.com
mgrubb at fifthvision.net