[rt-users] Allowing requestor login to RT

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Thu Aug 1 10:51:19 EDT 2002

Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This may have been discussed before. I guess I have seen some posts almost
> touching on it, but I'd appreciate more advise on this issue.
>
> We run rt-2.0.14 (just upgraded). We have our staff members interacting
> directly with rt because they have accounts and I have given them the access.
>
> We are planning on letting non-staff members (say our clients) access RT for
> the purpose of following up on their requests, just in case there is a delay.
>
> Is there anyone doing something like this?
>
> If so,
>
> 1. How did you implement it, given there are so many different requestors?

There is the SelfService part of WebRT. It allows users to view their active
and resolved tickets and create tickets. There is no way for them to change
other parts of the tickekts IIRC.

RT accounts created on email submission have no password set by default -
either hack that Yourself or switch to external authentication (LDAP works
like a charm for us).

> 2. What level of access did you give them?

The pseudogroup 'everyone' has the rights 'CreateTicket' and 'SeeQueue'.
The pseudogroup 'requestor' has the rights 'ReplyToTicket', 'ShowTicket',
and 'SeeQueue' (the last one is possibly redundant).

Regards,
     Harald

--
Harald Wagener*An der Alster 42*20099 Hamburg*http://www.fcb-wilkens.com