[rt-users] debian mysql or postgresql docs

seph seph at commerceflow.com
Thu Aug 1 23:37:36 EDT 2002

> I have been reading through the RH 7.2 step by step guide, by Gary Leong,
> but I am using Debian Woody(stable).

perhaps you should be reading through the debian install notes then.
they include how to install mysql on woody (it's easy), and the change
you need to make. postgres is equally easy, though not in those notes.

> Is there any Debian specific documentation for both a sql and
> request-tracker newbie ?

I'm not aware of an debian specific sql docs. I don't think there's
anything special about it. Both mysql and postgres have their docs
that explain basic administration and how to use them.

On debian, mysql's docs are installed into /usr/share/doc/mysql-doc/
by the mysql-doc package. While postgres is installed by the
postgresql-doc (and to the obvious place)

seph