[rt-users] Message Attachments not being delivered

Darren Nickerson darren at dazza.org
Thu Aug 1 23:55:50 EDT 2002

>   To overcome this, you can do three things. One is to use the
>   NotifyWithAttachment contrib ScripAction. This is the reliable method.

Does anyone rely on this 'reliable' method?

I've been using it for months and a non-trivial number of users receiving
email from our RT instance seem unable to read the attachments. They come
through as base-64 inline, or some other messy representation which seems to
suggest broken MIME.

We seem to be able to reproduce the problem with any Eudora user ... they're
never able to read attachments we send using the RT interface which are
mailed using the NotifyWithAttachment contrib ScripAction. Ms LookOut! users
can read our attachments, so that's most of the world, but I'm thinking
that's just because MS built a very forgiving MIME parser.

Anyone else seeing this?

-Darren