[rt-users] Message Attachments not being delivered

Phil Dibowitz phil at streamexchange.com
Fri Aug 2 13:07:13 EDT 2002

Robert Spier wrote:

>>Also, Robert, what did you modify? All I want is that attachements end
>>up getting sent in emails to users. Period. I can't think of anything
>>else it could/should/might do... and if it doesn't do that, what DOES
>>

> I think the biggest change I made was to set a MIME-Version header --
> many mailers were very unhappy without it.

That would be a very useful change... care to share?
That would just be a small change to the .pm file, right? So something in here:

$self->TemplateObj->MIMEObj->attach(Data => $message->Content,
                                           Type => $message->ContentType,
                                           Encoding => "base64",
                                           Description => $fname,
                                           Disposisiton => "attachment",
                                           Filename => $fname);

You added a ...

Version => "..."

? I don't know enough about MIME... I really should learn more. I'm sure
there's a good FAQ somewhere.

> Most of my other changes were to the Template and a custom Element so
> that attachments could be download by those people who had trouble
> with MIME.
>
> It includes a string like this in the message for each attachment.

> url: http://rt.my.org/rt2/attach/32436/26776/63f47e/t_op_string.t.diff

That's not bad... I like that. You should definitely submit it to the original
author. All good changes.

--
Systems Administrator
Stream Exchange