[rt-users] Run RT with and without SSL!

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Sun Aug 4 18:22:59 EDT 2002

Sven Sternberger wrote:
> today I installed an Apache with SSL support. My Idea
> is to provide both kinds of access to the RequestTracker.
> My problem is that I read that it is not okay to run 2 instances
> of RT on the same Apache-Machine. But now I think I have one instance
> on port 80 and one on port 443. Hope you can send me some advice

This sounds like you want two Apache virtual hosts talking to
the one RT instance, not multiple RT instances.

While I've never done this, you might find it easier to use
mod_proxy to proxy the SSL connection back to the non-SSL virtual
host locally. http://fsck.com/rtfm/article.html?id=2#101 might
give you a starting point.

(And if you do this, please summarise your config to the list so
we can document it for the next person who asks. :-)

Good luck!
--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, www.snapgear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630