[rt-users] Resolve ticket right

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Wed Aug 7 19:24:51 EDT 2002

Frances Russell wrote:
> Is there an easy way to prevent the owner of a ticket from resolving it?
>
> We have a queue where additional approval needs to be given before
> resolution of tickets.

Nothing out of the box, but you could write a ScripAction to
accomplish a similar thing via an OnStatus condition and the
use of a second queue;

have the scrip check to see if the status is Resolved, and
if so, reopen it and switch it to the ForResolution queue.

Not exactly "easy", but it might suit your purpose.

Another option might be to grant ModifyTicket only to those
who can resolve; but your ticket-owners might then find they
lose other useful abilities (for example, changing keywords
or reassigning tickets).
--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, www.snapgear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630