[rt-users] LDAP authentication

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Thu Aug 8 10:19:29 EDT 2002

Mike Jones wrote:
> Does anyone have any words of wisdom for using LDAP to authenticate for
> RT? We use LDAP for our intranet authentication, and I'd like to avoid
> having to create an RT user for everybody we have in LDAP and having the
> ensuing password synchronization problems. Is it as easy as compiling
> auth_ldap into Apache?
>
>    Mike Jones

Basically, yes. There is $WebExternalAuth in config.pm; using auth_ldap
works swell here. Only gripe: Users created on email ticket submission have
username==email_adress, and I would like to have them only their uid (which,
fortunately, is their email address without @...).

If any questions arise, fell free to contact me.

Regards,
	Harald

--
Harald Wagener*An der Alster 42*20099 Hamburg*http://www.fcb-wilkens.com