[rt-users] rt2stats - patch

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Thu Aug 8 12:59:59 EDT 2002

Simon Cozens wrote:
 > Hall, Christian N:
 >
 >>	I am looking for the rt2stats package. If anyone has a link or of a
 >>known site that would be great.
 >

 > http://users.ox.ac.uk/~simon/stats.tar.gz
 >
 > No instructions, no support, have fun!

Hello,
attached You will find a patch that should make the Statistics package a bit
more generic . CallsMultiQueue needs something better than
@queues => qw(general) (the right hand side should be an array of all active
queues fo the current user - anybody have the code for that at hand?); and
Resolution.html should have something better than $queue => "general" as well.

My main additions are links back to RT or the Statistics start page on all
the sub pages.

Mind that some of the graphs are not created on my system. I get the
following error:

[Thu Aug  8 11:42:02 2002] [error] Apache::GD::Graph: GET
//chart?type=lines&x_labels=[Sun%204,Mon%205,Tue%206,Wed%207,Thu%208]&y_number_format=&data1=[,62299,31080,12349]

HTTP/1.0: Size of x_labels not the same as length of data.

Regards,
	Harald

PS: quick instructions:

- get Apache::GD::Graph installed (via CPAN). This might require installing
    gd and gd-devel (in redhat lingo), as well as some graphics libraries
    (libfreetype, libpng, libjpeg, libXpm (not needed)) and a fistful of perl
    modules (GD, GD::Graph, GT::Text::Util, Font::TTF, possibly others).

- configure Your rt location in httpd.conf similar to this:

<VirtualHost rt.yournamehere.com>
      DocumentRoot /path/to/rt2/WebRT/html
      ServerName rt.yournamehere.com
      ErrorLog logs/error_log_rt
      CustomLog logs/access_log_rt combined
      PerlModule Apache::DBI
      PerlFreshRestart On
      PerlRequire /path/to/rt2/bin/webmux.pl
          <Location />
              SetHandler perl-script
              PerlHandler RT::Mason
          </Location>
          <Location /chart>
          SetHandler perl-script
          PerlHandler +Apache::GD::Graph
          </Location>
</Virtualhost>

- put the Statistics Directory into /path/to/rt2/WebRT/html

- restart Your httpd (ideally stopping and starting)

- go to $RT::WebUrl/Statistics and behold the wonders of the Statistics
    package

- If You're in a good mood, fix some errors with the package and post Your
    diff (- :

--
Harald Wagener*An der Alster 42*20099 Hamburg*http://www.fcb-wilkens.com