[rt-users] 20-40% failure of mod_perl dynamically loaded

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Thu Aug 8 14:31:49 EDT 2002

JA> "As previously noted, loading mod_perl dynamically (DSO) does not
JA> work with RT2 approximately 20-40% of the time. This includes the
JA> default Apache + mod_perl installation under Mac OSX."

I run mod_perl as a DSO on FreeBSD and have eactly one issue with it:
massive memory leak on restart (via SIGUSR1 or SIGHUP).  My work
around is to avoid doing that ;-)

I think that if the DSO works or does not work it will be consistent,
not randomly fail 40% of the time.

With linux, expect DSO to work, since the primary development system
for mod_perl happens to be linux.