[rt-users] Apache authentication, then RT authentication?

Gretchen K. Wagner gkwagner at cats.ucsc.edu
Thu Aug 8 19:50:32 EDT 2002

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Dave Ewart wrote:

> 1. Open http://.../rt2/ and receive popup browser password prompt as
> expected;
>
> 2. On entering username/password correctly, I get dumped at the RT login
> screen - asking for username and password as it used to before I enable
> $WebExternalAuth.  (RT works normally once entering after entering this
> username/password BTW)

I have this same problem as well, with a fresh/otherwise unmodified build of
2.0.14, with mod_auth_pam 1.1.1 compiled statically into Apache 1.3.26.
Authenticate once fine, then get the RT login screen.  Of course, in this
case, the RT login requires the local/RT password -- it doesn't end up
passing it off to PAM (which works for other similarly protected webspace on
this server).

Ideas, anyone?  Perhaps I'm setting $WebExternalAuth improperly (couldn't
find any relevent documentation or useful examples in mailing list archives).

--
Gretchen K. Wagner
gkwagner at cats.ucsc.edu