[rt-users] could not find component for path 'php /Elements/Header'

Jeremy Doran fox-rt_users at vulpes.net
Fri Aug 9 13:18:49 EDT 2002

Hi,

I'm just trying to install RT 2.0.14 to Apache/1.3.26, and after finally
(I believe) fixing it so it doesn't ask if I want to download the pages,
now have it so it will present me with the login screen, but when I type
in the default user root & password, I get the following error:

System error
error:  could not find component for path 'php /Elements/Header'
context:
1:  <&php /Elements/Header, Title=>"Start page", Refresh =>
$session{'home_refresh_interval'} &>
2:  <&php /Elements/Tabs, current_toptab => '' &>
3:  <TABLE BORDER=0 WIDTH=100%>
4:  <TR VALIGN=TOP>
5:  <TD WIDTH=70%>
code stack:  /usr/local/rt2/WebRT/html/index.html:1
/usr/local/rt2/WebRT/html/autohandler:58

I've checked my etc/config.pm and the MasonComponent stuff all seems to
be pointing to directories which do exist:

$MasonComponentRoot = "/usr/local/rt2/WebRT/html";
$MasonLocalComponentRoot = "/usr/local/rt2/local/WebRT/html";
$MasonDataDir = "/usr/local/rt2/WebRT/data";
$MasonSessionDir = "/usr/local/rt2/WebRT/sessiondata";

and Elements/Header _is_ there under $MasonComponentRoot - it just
doesn't seem to be found by the script.

Not sure if it could be my web configuration, but here's what we have
anyway:

# RT2 configuration
<Directory "/usr/local/rt2">
        AllowOverride AuthConfig
        Options ExecCGI
        RemoveType .html
</Directory>
Alias /rt2 /usr/local/rt2/WebRT/html
PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlFreshRestart On
PerlRequire /usr/local/rt2/bin/webmux.pl
<Location /rt2>
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>

(btw, I need the RemoveType in there as we have AddType
application/x-httpd-php globally for .html files on the server, and this
seemed to affect the open-file-or-save issue)

Has anyone seen this before, or could give me a pointer what could be
wrong?

Thanks,
--
J C Doran