[rt-users] New User Preferences?

Josh Richards jrichard at digitalwest.net
Fri Aug 9 16:47:14 EDT 2002

* Rich Lafferty <rich+rt at lafferty.ca> [20020809 13:10]:
> On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 01:22:17PM -0700, Mike Barrett <mike at daboyz.org> wrote:
> > I've created a new user in my system and filled in all the info.  When this
> > user logs in however there is no 'preferences' link to change it's password.
>
> Make sure the user has the right ModifySelf. (I find it useful to
> grant ModifySelf to Everyone in the global group rights panel.)

The main downside to this is that you must grant privileges to the user
to do this -- which means the auto SelfService entry after login for
non-privileged users no longer happens.  Anyone have a way around this
(besides going to /SelfService/ directly)?

-jr

--
Josh Richards <jrichard@{ digitalwest.net, geekresearch.com, cubicle.net }>
Digital West Networks, Inc. - "Making Internet Business Better"